Aetna Provider for Counseling & Therapy in Baltimore Maryland
Being a network provider paneled with Aetna lets me help with a variety of mental health therapy & counseling concerns for adults and couples including anxiety, depression, grief, trauma, life transitions, and more — all provided in my holistic manner (mind, body, and spirit).
Several colleges and universities in Maryland and near Baltimore sell Aetna Student Health plans. I can be an excellent off-campus choice for your psychotherapy needs. Some schools include:
- Loyola University
- Johns Hopkins (JHU)
- University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC)
- Peabody Conservatory
- George Mason University
- Grand Canyon University
- Morgan State University
- George Washington University (GWU)
- Towson University
Plans vary widely in terms of co-pays, deductibles, and even compensation given to providers, therapists, and counselors. I am happy to give an estimate of coverage prior to the 1st meeting. This can be useful in figuring out what your expenses will be in seeking help. Final determination is subject to the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) provided by Aetna – but usually I can get an accurate estimate for you. You may also wish to call and double-check. Here are some questions that you might want to ask:
1) Do you need a referral or approval from your primary care physician (PCP)?
3) Do you need a pre-authorization to start seeing a counselor?
4) Do you have a deductible and have you met it? What is the annual date it starts over?
5) What is your co-pay or co-insurance?
6) What is the coverage amount per therapy session? (Which matters to you if you have a deductible.)
7) How many sessions are you allowed?
Using insurance can be confusing. I help by taking several insurances, providing estimates of coverage ahead of time when requested, and handing billing and paperwork.