ValueOptions® Provider for Counseling & Therapy in Baltimore Maryland
I am pleased to be a ValueOptions® insurance provider for counseling and therapy at my Mount Washington Village office in Baltimore City. I am on the panel of Value Options® Commercial Non-HMO insurance.
Being a network provider paneled with ValueOptions® allows me to assist with a range of mental health therapy & counseling concerns for adults & couples including anxiety, depression, grief, trauma, life transitions, and more — all provided in a holistic manner (body, mind, & spirit).
(I also participate in Maryland Medicaid – currently administered by ValueOptions®)
Plans vary in terms of deductibles, co-pays, and compensation given to providers, therapists, and counselors. I am happy to give an estimate of coverage prior our appointment. This can be useful in figuring out what your expenses will be. Final determination is subject to the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) provided by ValueOptions® – but usually I can get an accurate estimate for you. You may also wish to call and double-check. Here are some questions that you might want to ask:
1) Do you need a referral or approval from your primary care physician (PCP)?
3) Do you need a pre-authorization to start seeing a counselor?
4) Do you have a deductible and have you met it? What is the annual date it starts over?
5) What is your co-pay or co-insurance?
6) What is the coverage amount per therapy session? (Which matters to you if you have a deductible.)
7) How many sessions are you allowed?
Insurance can be confusing at times. I help through taking several insurances, providing estimates of coverage when asked, and handing billing and paperwork.
The term ValueOptions® and their registered service mark are both owned by ValueOptions®. I make no claims of ownership or representation other than simply being a counselor on panel and able to accept these plans as of 12-01-13.